August 08, 2017
Targeted intervention is a very significant component of National AIDS Control Programme. These interventions provide comprehensive and integrated approach for HIV prevention among the marginalized and vulnerable populations such as female sex workers (FSW), injecting drug users (IDU), men-having-sex-with-men (MSM) and bridge population such as migrant workers and truckers. NACO, in partnership with CBOs/NGOs, provides HIV prevention services to these groups at a place and time where they can be most effectively accessed .The goal of NACP-3 is to saturate coverage of high-risk groups through TIs. It is estimated that if 80% of the high risk groups are reached, it would effectively lead to saturation coverage of HRGs.
- Inter personal behavior change communication (BCC)
- Promotion/ distributions of condoms
- Provision of services for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Linkages to Integrated Counseling and Testing Services (ICTC)
- Advocacy for Enabling Environment
- Community Mobilization